作者:小雅和英美友人
RAINY DAY 下雨天Child: Look, Mommy, it's raining outside.
宝宝:看啊,妈妈,外面下雨了。
Mom: Yes, we need to make sure all the windows are closed
妈妈:是的,咱们得把窗户都关上,
so the rain doesn't come inside the house.
这样雨才不会潲进来。
☀ Back from the window 从窗户那儿回来
Mom: It's time to go pick your brother up from school.
妈妈:该去学校接你哥哥了。
Child: But it is raining, Mommy.
宝宝:但是正在下雨啊,妈妈。
I will get wet.
我会被淋湿的。
Mom: No, you won't.
妈妈:不,不会的。
We can put your raincoat and rain boots on
我们可以穿上雨衣和雨鞋,
注意,raincoat是一个词,rain boots是两个词。英式英语中,雨鞋叫wellies。
and use an umbrella
然后打伞,
在这句话中,打伞指的是使用伞,因此动词“打”翻译为use。具体描述打伞的动作见下文。
to stay dry.
就不会淋湿。
Child: Should I take my rainbow umbrella?
宝宝:我是带我的彩虹伞吗?
Mom: Yes, it's nice and bright.
妈妈:是的,它很好很亮。
It's important to have bright colors on when it is raining
下雨的时候一定要用亮色,
so cars can see us when we walk on the road.
这样我们走在马路上,汽车才能看见我们。
Child: Mom, I can't put on my rain boots.
宝宝:妈妈,我穿不上鞋。Mom: Just sit down.
妈妈:你坐下。
Another good trick is to tuck your pants into your socks
还有一个小窍门是把裤子掖在袜子里,
so your pants don't ride up.
这样裤子就不会往上跑了。
Now, let's grab our umbrellas
现在咱们拿上雨伞,
and go get your brother.
去接你哥哥了。
Child: How do I open the umbrella?
宝宝:我怎么把雨伞打开啊?
Mom: Hold the bottom with one hand
妈妈:一只手拿着底下,
and push up or push the button with the other
另一只手往上推,或者按一下按钮,
and pop,
开了,
there you go.
好了。
Now hold it with both hands
现在两只手都握住它,
and keep it over your head
举过头顶,
这里也可以将keep替换为hold,描述“打伞”的具体动作。妈妈为我打伞就是Mommy is holding an umbrella over me,这里的“打”翻译为hold。
so you stay dry.
这样你就不会淋湿了。
Be careful when passing other people
从别人身边过的时候要小心,
so you don't hit them with your umbrella.
别让雨伞打到他们。
☀ On the Road 在马路上
Child: Oh no, a car splashed me.
宝宝:哦不,车溅了我一身水。
Mom: Remember to walk away from the curb.
妈妈:记住要远离马路牙子。
Try to walk on the inside,
尽量走里面,
close to the walls and houses
离墙和房屋近一点,
where it is safer
那里更安全,
and the drivers can't splash you with puddles on the road.
司机也不会把路上的积水溅到你身上。
Child: Oops, I almost fell down.
宝宝:哎呀,我差点滑倒。
Mom: Please be careful on the sidewalk
妈妈:在人行道上要小心,
since it can get slippery when it is wet.
因为湿的时候会很滑。
☀ Rain stops 雨停了
Mom: The rain has stopped.
妈妈:雨停了。
You can close your umbrella.
你可以把伞合上了。
Child: I can use it as a walking stick.
宝宝:我可以用它当拐杖。
Mom: No, that might break it.
妈妈:不行,这样会把它弄坏的。
Don't poke it onto the ground.
不要把它往地上杵。
☀ Coming inside out of the rain 从雨中回屋
Mom: Okay, children,
妈妈:好了,孩子们,
please close your umbrellas
把伞合上,
and give them a shake
抖一抖,
to get some water off first
先把水抖下来一些,
and then step inside.
再进屋。
Step on the mat enough
在垫子上多踩几下,
to get most of the water off your shoes
把鞋上的水尽量蹭掉。
so you don't get the floor all wet.
别把地都弄湿了。
I will open the umbrellas
我把雨伞打开,
and prop them up on the floor
支在地上,
so that they can dry.
把它们晾干。
更多关于雨的英文,请查看:
关于“雨”的亲子英文大全:下雨了,雨停了,雨大了,雨小了……
关于“风雨雷电”的英文(三),打雷了,打闪了,英语怎么说?
点击下方链接,购买《你和宝宝说英语》一书,学习衣食住行玩相关的30个场景的亲子英文,自创家庭英语环境!